Praying For Our Leaders

Usually I find myself praying for my family, friends, those in need, for God to help me through difficult circumstances or maybe even for a green light when driving on a tight schedule.  But praying for our leaders doesn't always come to mind first thing, especially when you are so frustrated with the decisions the leaders of our country are making today.

The exact reason we should pray for the men and women leading our country.  Those sitting in the highest positions in the land and creating laws and regulations that affect us all.  I think of the famous painting of George Washington, The Prayer At Valley Forge.  What a great and Godly leader this man truly was.  A leader of courage, strength and honor.  A leader with moral standards and willing to die for his country and his  fellow countrymen.






It's difficult to pray for the leaders we do not like, especially when their policies and ideology do not align with our own and with the founding principles of our great country.  But these would be all the more reason to pray for our leaders, as they are making key decisions daily that set the course of our country and our freedom.

I was reading The Rebirth of America, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, and came across a powerful prayer that I would like to share with you.  If you struggle like I do in praying for our current President and the numerous other leaders holding office, perhaps this prayer will help in knowing that regardless of who holds office, our prayers are heard by the Almighty God.  We can turn to Him with this prayer for the healing, restoring and building back up our land of the free, home of the brave.



A PRAYER FOR OUR LEADERS

     HEAVENLY FATHER, I thank you for our country, our Constitution, and our leaders.  I pray for our President and for every elected an appointed official who serves with him.
     I pray that You will build a spiritual wall of protection around the marriage and family of every national, state and local official.
     I pray that You will give them the wisdom and the courage to uphold our Constitution which established a republic based on Your absolute laws, not a democracy based on the changing whims of man's reasoning.
     I pray that You will rebuke Satan for the deception of his lie that we can be "as gods" in deciding for ourselves what is right and what is wrong.
    OH LORD, may our leaders cast down every law, policy, and personal example which weakens marriages, families, or Your moral standards
     I pray that our leaders will understand and follow the principles of Your Word.  May they realize that all authority comes from You, not the voters, and that one day they will stand before You to give an account of the power You gave to them.
     I base this prayer on the promise of Your Word, that if I will humble myself, pray, seek Your face, and turn from my wicked ways, then You will hear from heaven, forgive my sin and heal my land.
     In the name and through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray.
     AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment