An Apology (of Sorts)


The other day I became involved in an online exchange between a couple of Americans and an obvious supporter of Islam. It began with a picture I posted depicting a liberal hippy and a jihadist with their arms around each other while standing on top of a pile of dead bodies and the US flag. The liberal hippy holds a sign that says "Stop Fascist War on Terrorism," and the jihadist holds a rope attached to a burka-clad woman who is trying to reach out to a distant Statue of Liberty. Behind the two grinning men the world is burning.

A fellow posted below the picture "And shortly after, he cut his head off," and the Islamist apologist responded by downplaying the effect of terrorism on the world while accusing the US military of exterminating hundreds of thousands of people in the name of the 'war on terror'. The conversation continued as the Islamist cited reasons why Jihad was justified against the United States due to our brutal and savage invasion and interference in the affairs of Muslim countries. The exchange was lively to say the least, and in all fairness I have to commend all who participated for their steadfastness and dedication to their beliefs, even the Jihadist, although I wasn't drinking his Kool-Aid at all. If you like, you can read the entire debate here.

What really cranked my tractor was when the apologist justified the killing of civilians and other innocents on 9-11 by calling it 'blowback.' I responded by saying " 'Blowback' must be ok in Islam. Christians are told to turn the other cheek. Radical Christians kill abortion doctors. Radical Muslims are justified in killing infidels for a variety of reasons, not in the least being that infidels are merely not Muslim. 'Blowback' is justified in Islam because when you get down to the nuts and bolts, Islam is a violent religion. Yeah, we Americans have some pretty violent nut-jobs, but our religions and governments don't sanction stoning, decapitation, crucifixion and body dismemberment. Yeah, some of our states have the death penalty, but we almost always use that option only on those who do evil acts. Sharia law allows for death to those who oppose a man's honor. This isn't a matter of apples and oranges. It's a matter of fresh and rotten. God said "Vengeance is Mine," not "Vengeance is yours to do as you wish." With all due respect, Islam can stick 'blowback' where the moon don't shine. With all due respect."

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for saying 'Islam can stick blowback where the moon don't shine.' That was inappropriate and uncalled for, and violated about fourteen rules of debate and etiquette. I should have said 'RADICAL Islam can stick blowback where the moon don't shine.' I honestly do not have any ill will toward the average God-loving-daily-praying-five-pillars-following Muslim. I believe fervently that the majority of Muslims are not fully aware of the diabolical agenda of Jihadists, and do not understand the twisted logic these monsters have by following their interpretation of the Qur'an. Why do I believe this about the average Muslim? Because if they are anything like most Christians, they pick at the scriptures like chickens feed and attend services once a week more for socializing than sincere worship.

But this is where the similarities diverge. When lip-service Christians becomes devout, they begin a journey led by the Spirit of Christ which will transform them into Grace-worthy members of the body of Christ, praising and worshipping God while continuing to grow in understanding and love. When lip-service Muslims becomes devout, they begin to read more of the Qur'an and hadiths, including the darker side which condones violence against women, marriage to children, rape and sodomy, and forcing non-believers to convert or be killed. They begin to listen to the voices of purely evil radicalized Imams telling them it is their duty to kill as many non-believers as possible, and how wonderful paradise will be if they become a martyr in the process. They adopt an attitude of hatred, revenge and a total disregard for life.

I have Muslim friends. I also have Hindu, Buddhist and Atheist friends. I don't agree with their beliefs, I think they are as wrong as wrong can be. I believe that God assumed a human form in the name of Jesus and lived a sinless life and gave Himself up to be crucified as the ultimate sacrifice for all our sins, then rose from the dead three days later to defeat Satan and conquer death so that all who believe on Him should be cleansed by His blood and have eternal salvation. I believe Jesus when he said "I am the way, the truth, and the light; no one comes to the Father but through Me." I know that my redeemer lives. But I WILL NOT force others to my belief through threat of death. I WILL NOT slaughter those who don't follow my religion. I WILL NOT treat women like cattle. I WILL NOT condone murderous revenge against my enemy. I WILL NOT judge others, because then I'll be judged. I WILL love God with all my body, heart, mind and spirit, and love my neighbors as myself, even if they are Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish and Muslim.


So while I apologize for my inappropriate comment, of which I am profoundly sorry, I remain steadfast in my belief that the justification for mass murder and terrorism because of 'blowback,' or revenge against military action done by the US military against agents of evil disguised as religion is decidedly WRONG. Personally, I think war stinks. I think most politicians and power hungry fanatics should be relocated to a deserted island. I think worshipping God should result in love for ALL my fellow beings. I think any religion that condones harming others should be moved to that same island. I think John Lennon was right when he said we should give peace a chance. I think God's Mercy and Grace abounds. I think we should get around to the business of loving one another and cut out all the hatred and divisiveness. I think it can happen. I think NOW is the best time for that to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment