What is Seen Cannot Be Unseen




There is a funny little poster going around Facebook that shows a cat with its eyes bugged out in apparent terror as a woman shopper walks behind him. She is in her sixties and hideous to behold, her hair fresh from a wind tunnel, no makeup and a tube top pulled almost down to her waist but still covering her dramatically pendulous breasts. The caption reads: WHAT IS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN. At first glance you can sympathize with the poor feline as you fight the urge to scoop your eyes out with a spoon.


I wish I could unsee the image of that murderer in Great Britain (whose name I will not mention because it is a shame to the human race), his hands bloodied, holding a meat cleaver and butcher knife as he gestured and bloviated in front of the camera. I wish I could unsee the crowd behind him standing around taking pictures, or the woman who walked on by as casually as if she were passing a man talking about the price of tomatoes. I wish I could unsee the sight of Lee Rigby crumpled on the street, ringed in blood and obviously gone from this world. I wish I could unsee the veiled excitement in reporters’ voices and eyes as they pummel the event into the brains of all who care to watch. I wish I could unsee protesters hurling insults at the English Defence League, calling them Nazis and hooligans for gathering and marching against the spread of radical Islam. I wish I could unsee a great many things, to be honest with you.

The world has never been both so small and so large. Small in that the proliferation of news organizations around the world, combined with satellite technology and a record number of people with access to televisions and radios, makes for reporting breaking news anywhere as easy as walking next door and talking to your neighbor. Large in that there is so much information being shoved at us every second of the day that today’s events are swallowed up by tomorrow’s, discarded like used toilet paper. Anyone attempting to keep a subject in the always shifting spotlight is accused of ‘beating a dead horse’ or being behind the times.  You’ve got to be able to go with the flow if you ever hope of keeping up with the happenings around the globe.

Our enemy understands that we easily forget the atrocities of yesterday, and they are more than happy to try and outdo themselves in order to stay on the front page. A famous broadcasting phrase is “If it bleeds, it leads”. The animalistic killers who call themselves good Muslims know this all too well. So many infidels, so few seconds of attention from mainstream media.  Let me try and hammer something into your over-saturated brain: we are at WAR, and our enemy is winning with patience, determination, religious fervor and a complete disregard for human life.  

If you are under thirty years old, there is a great chance that the enemy will destroy someone close to you. They are multiplying exponentially, they are using intimidation and threats to prevent the influential from opposing them, and they are taking advantage of the growing spread of apathy and political correctness to both further their agenda (global dominance and subjugation of both believers and non-believers) and to be able to strike with boldness and impunity whenever they want.  Lee Rigby is one in an extremely long list of victims in the war on terror (terror meaning unfettered jihad against us all), and before the dirt settles in his grave the world moves on and forgets.  We are going to forget our way into defeat and death, reader, unless we light a fire of righteousness, freedom and resolve, and use that fire to combat the murderous and barbaric agents of evil.

Of course, I need to eat my earlier words if I believe what I write. I do NOT want to unsee the images burned into my soul, and neither should you. I do NOT want to unsee the daily horror being broadcast constantly around the world. I do NOT want to push aside or forget the atrocities of yesterday. I vow to you, dear reader, that I WILL NOT stop sounding the battle cry. We are at war, and unless we come to grips with this very real threat to our existence, we will lose. Yes, what is seen cannot be unseen. Thank God for that.

By : Jay Harding


No comments:

Post a Comment